LISE MEITNER Prize for Nuclear Science of the EPS
Sponsored by CANBERRA
- The European Physical Society (EPS), through its Nuclear Physics Board
(NPB) shall award a Prize to one or more researchers who have made outstanding
contributions to Nuclear
Science. Such contributions may comprise experimental Nuclear Physics,
theoretical Nuclear Physics and all areas of applications of Nuclear
Science and shall represent the
breadth and strength of Nuclear Physics in Europe.
- The Prize is entitled to Lise Meitner to honor her fundamental contributions
to Nuclear Science and her courageous and exemplary life.
- The Prize shall be awarded every two years.
- The Prize shall consist of a Diploma, a Medal with the image of Lise
Meitner and cash, when available.
- The money for the Prize will be provided by sponsors.
- The Prize shall be awarded to one or more researchers.
- The Prize shall be awarded without restrictions of nationality, sex,
race or religion.
- Only work that has been published in refereed journals can be considered
in the proposals for candidates to the Prize.
- The NPB shall request nominations to the Prize from experts in Nuclear
Science and related fields who are not members of the Board. Calls for
nomination will be published in Europhysics News and Nuclear Physics
- Self-nominations for the award shall not be accepted.
- Nominations shall be reviewed by a Prize Committee appointed by the
NPB. The Committee shall consider each of the eligible nominations and
shall make recommendations to the NPB, taking also into account reports
of referees who are not members of the Board.
- The final recommendation of the NPB and a report shall be submitted
for ratification to the Executive Committee of the EPS.