Tobermory, Isle of Mull
28th to 30th of May, 2012
This is the second workshop on Gravitational Wave Bursts (GWBs). In the spirit of the first meeting (http://gwbursts.org/) that took place in Chichen-Itza, Mexico in 2009, this meeting aims at bringing together in a remote and inspiring location lead scientists in astrophysics, data analysis and numerical relativity to discuss, analyze and explore innovative views on the Transient Gravitational Wave Universe. The meeting will focus on:
- Astrophysics behind GWB sources (e.g. stellar core collapse, gamma-ray bursts, cosmic strings, compact object mergers, isolated neutron stars) and their connection with electromagnetic observations.
- Challenges to numerically model transient sources and the required accuracy of simulations.
- Data analysis methodologies to detect and characterize GWBs.
- Gravitational wave antennas and their capabilities.
- Detection of unknown sources.
Contact us by email at gwb-soc [at] gwbursts.org